Restaurant Back-of-House Cleaning Checklist
Mar 09 2018
As well as front-of-house cleaning, the cleanliness of the back-of-house is just as important. It is important so that cross-contamination and the spread of bacteria doesn’t occur.
The team at Synergy Stocktaking have compiled a useful daily checklist for ensuring the utmost cleanliness of the back-of-house of your restaurant.
- If there are splashes on the walls, wipe them down
- Ensure that the grill, griddle, range, flattop, and fryer are cleaned. It is important to get underneath the equipment too
- Ensure that the foil lining on top of the ranges, grills, and flattops is changed
- Other equipment, such as coffee makers, microwaves, toasters, and meat slicers should be wiped down
- Prep area surfaces should be disinfected
- Clean beverage dispenser heads in the soda fountains, and bars should clean the tips of the soda guns
- Wash the utensils, smallwares, flatware, and glassware and let them air dry overnight
- Clean the sinks
- Wash rags, towels, aprons, and uniforms in the washing machine
- Refill soap dispensers and replace empty paper towel rolls
- Sweep walk-in refrigerators and storage areas
- Take out the trash and recycling
- Disinfect the waste disposal area and clean the trash cans
- Sweep and mop the floors
We have also compiled a cleaning checklist for B&Bs.
If your premises needs help with food or drink stocktaking then call the professionals at Synergy Stocktaking and find out how we can help keep the cash in your business!
Click here to find out which of our representatives is covering your area.