How Restaurants Are Rated?
Sep 20 2018
The general rating system of restaurants consist of five different grades or ratings, each one which has its own set of criteria and expectations. The rating is typically represented as a star based system. With the more basic type premises being given on star right up to the more luxurious five star rating.
A more detailed explanation of the commonly used star rating is given below.
The Star Rating Systen:
- A One-Star restaurant: is a restaurant which provides an experience which is distinct through local flair, individual atmosphere or culinary specialty.
- A Two-Star restaurant is a restaurant which using a clean setting and efficient service to serve fresh food. Both value and family friendliness are considered in this category.
- A Three Star Restaurant is a restaurant which has good food, an enjoyable décor, and service which is both warm and skillful.
- A Four-Star restaurant is a restaurant which provides the most professional service, along with wonderful food and presentations which are distinctive in some way.
- A Five-Star restaurant is a restaurant which offers a flawless dining experience by providing service which is superlative, décor which is elegant, presentations which are detailed and exquisite, and food which is exceptional.
These criteria and expectations are meant to be a suggestion of what guests can expect to experience when visiting a restaurant of each caliber level. These recommendations are not the only limits set forth by each level, and they are not mandated individually.
A restaurant establishment has to either meet or exceed all of the requirements for the previous star rating in order to advance to the next star rating. So for example, a Five-Star restaurant has to meet the expectations and criteria for a Four-Star restaurant, a Three-Star restaurant, a Two-Star restaurant and a One-Star restaurant before it can be a Five-Star restaurant.
One-star restaurants provide an experience which is distinctive either through individual atmosphere, local flair or culinary specialty. A one star restaurant’s service is both efficient and cordial with servers who are attired neatly. The products that are offered by a one star restaurant are fresh and appetizing when displayed.
Two star restaurants serve food that is fresh in a setting which is clean. Service offered by a two-star restaurant is efficient and family friendly. Two-star restaurant guests will be able to find all of the characteristics of a one-star restaurant, in addition to some improved features and more professional décor.
Three-stair restaurants offer great food, service that is both warm and skillful, and décor which is enjoyable and family friendly. Guests at three-star restaurants can expect to find all of the characteristics of both a two-star restaurant and a one-star restaurant, in addition to more specific criteria for a much more professional restaurant.
Four-star restaurants provide service which is professional, presentations which are distinctive, and food which is delicious and wonderful. Guests in four-star restaurants can expect to find all of the criteria and characteristics of a three-star, two-star and one-star restaurant, with some improvements.
Finally, five star restaurants offer what may be considered a flawless dining experience by offering food that is exceptional, service which is superlative, décor and presentations which are exquisite and elegant, and a lot of attention to detail. Five-Star restaurant guests can expect all of the characteristics that mark a four-star restaurant, three star restaurant, two-star restaurant, and a one-star restaurant.
If you are looking for stock taking advice for your hospitality business, Synergy Stocktaking can cater for your needs.
Get in touch today! You can also find us on Facebook!