Hiring Employees Checklist
Aug 10 2018
Most of the time, hiring new employees can be very time-consuming. However, with a helpful checklist on hand, the task doesn’t need to seem so daunting.
The next time you are beginning the hiring process, take a look at this checklist first.
- Ensure the job description is clear
The job description must be clear about the type of person you are looking for. Address the skills, experience and qualifications that are required as well as the pay that will be offered. Keep a record of every candidate with information about their strengths, weaknesses, expectations and other relevant notes. These are important records as it will help you to keep track of each candidate so that you can make your final decision.
- Assign somebody to the recruiting task
If you are not carrying out the process yourself, then you will need to assign somebody else to the task. Ensure that they know exactly what they are doing and that you trust them to make the best decisions.
Will they be able to carry out the following tasks?
- job advertising both online and offline
- communicating with potential candidates
- answering questions about the job and the business
- interviewing and screening applicants
- communicating with successful and unsuccessful candidates.
- Ensure each employee has an IRD numberEach new employee must have an Inland Revenue (IRD) number. An IRD number is a unique eight or nine-digit number used by Inland Revenue to identify employees for tax purposes. As an employer, you also need an IRD number. Anyone can apply for an IRD number online.
- Maintain accurate tax records
You are legally required to keep proper tax records for seven years. It’s important that you keep them safe, secure and easily accessible. Your accounting software should be able to do this for you.
- Help your employees get started
In many cases, your new employees may not understand all the things that need to be done unless you help them out. Don’t expect them to already know everything – even if they’ve had similar jobs in the past.
If you are looking for stock taking advice for your hospitality business, Synergy Stocktaking can cater for your needs. Get in touch today!
You can also find us on Facebook! Click here to find out which of our representatives is covering your area.