Benefits of Owning a B&B in Waterford
Nov 10 2017
Like any other business, owning a B&B requires a lot of time and effort. It doesn’t just require turning up to work and sitting behind a desk. There’s so much more involved such as cooking, cleaning, and hosting. It is crucial for guests to feel at home while they stay at your B&B.
There are many reasons why there are so many B&B’s in Waterford. Here is just a few of them…
- You are in control to run the business as you want. Because the control of the business itself is under you. It is the same with decorating. The decor of your B&B is completely your choice.
- Your schedule is based entirely around you. If you have for example, 6 rooms but you don’t have the time to cater for that amount of people. It is up to you whether you fill all of those rooms or only a certain few. It depends on your personal needs and your financial requirements
- You can deduct a portion of your home’s operating and depreciation expenses on your income taxes as business expenses
- The only person who can “fire” you is your customer. I’ve found if you make an error and admit it up front, they are very forgiving
- This is your opportunity to create a money-generating outlet for your unique and creative talents
You can also find us on Facebook!